Just like many other countries worldwide, Germany has drawn up a solid roadmap to a digital future. A further step forward in the digital transformation of German Business-To-Government (B2G) trade is a new mandatory e-invoicing regulation that is part of the European e-invoicing standard (Directive 2014/55/EU of 16 April 2014).
From 27 November 2020 onwards, all parties issuing invoices to the German federal administration have to submit an electronic invoice. Public contractors include, for example, federal, regional or municipal administrations, energy companies, schools, and hospitals. In accordance with section 2 of the E-Invoice Regulation in Germany, an electronic invoice is a document for settling costs of deliveries and other services provided that “[…] a structured electronic format is issued, transmitted, and received, and provided that the format allows for the automatic processing of the document using electronic systems.”
The B2G E-Invoicing Regulation of the German federal government also specifies requirements for the invoice data model and transfer of the electronic invoice. In general, an e-invoice has to be submitted as a so-called XRechnung (XML) or ZUGFeRD (Zentraler User Guide des Forum elektronische Rechnung Deutschland) e-invoice data format. Moreover, XRechnung data formats can only submitted to the German public authorities through PEPPOL (Pan-European Public Procurement Online).
SAP Document Compliance: the integrated SAP solution to fully automate the end-to-end German B2G e-invoicing process
At PIKON, we recommend SAP Document Compliance to make your SAP system compliant with the German B2G E-Invoicing regulations. SAP Document Compliance is 100% integrated in SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA and provides a fully automated end-to-end solution for compliance with many country-specific legal requirements worldwide that make it mandatory for you as a company to issue tax information in an electronic format to the local tax authorities. Therefore, this is a strategic SAP solution that ensures compliance on the long run and enables you to implement different country-specific legal requirements that can be managed and monitored from within one centralized SAP cockpit.
The following graphic shows the two different solution scenario's for the German B2G E-Invoicing process in SAP Document Compliance with either XRechnung or ZUGFeRD:
Key Benefits of SAP Document Compliance to meet the German B2G E-Invoicing regulations with XRechnung or ZUGFeRD in SAP:
- SAP Document Compliance can handle both the XRechnung and ZUGFeRD e-invoice data format
- SAP Document Compliance has a standard connection with PEPPOL (mandatory with XRechnung)
- Security: this solution is fully developed and operated by SAP. We at PIKON don’t have any data from you.
- Strategic solution: SAP Document Compliance is the only available SAP-standard solution for compliance with many country-specific legal requirements worldwide
- Seamless integration with SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA
- Future proof, compliance on the long run: regular updates (technical and legal requirements related) are available through SAP OSS notes
- Data validation
- One central cockpit (SAP eDocument Cockpit) to manage and monitor all implemented legal requirements worldwide
- Fully automated end-to-end process
- All communication with the German tax authorities directly from within SAP
- Different cloud and non-cloud solution scenarios possible to make it a perfect match with your requirements
Why start your e-invoicing project in Germany with PIKON
With our Competence Center for Legal Requirements, we are a strategic partner who ensures that your SAP system and business processes meet different country-specific legal requirements all over the world on the long run. Especially for compliance with the German B2G E-Invoicing regulations, we have a team of German-speaking experts that combines SAP expertise and in-depth knowledge of the end-to-end legal process and technical requirements of the German B2G E-Invoicing regulation.
With PIKON as your partner for making your SAP system compliant with the German B2G E-Invoicing regulations, you can rely on:
- Strong expertise of the German B2G E-Invoicing regulations and project experiences in Germany.
- German-speaking experts (we have an office in Saarbrücken, Germany) that combine SAP expertise with in-depth knowledge of the legal process and technical requirements.
- We will implement a future-proof, fully automated end-to-end solution that ensures compliance on the long run.
- A fast implementation with a transparent cost estimation model. We are among the fastest implementation partners on the market with a guaranteed project success with no hidden costs.
- Project ownership: we take care of the entire project in close coordination with your people.
- Expert recommendations. We analyze the perfect solution scenario together with you.
- We have many satisfied customers in this area and have executed many successful implementations of SAP Document Compliance.
- A Competence Center with strong expertise in the field of legal requirements all over the world.
- A strategic one-stop shop partner that is able to make your SAP system compliant with other current and upcoming (inter)national legal requirements.
- In-house functional and technical know-how/ project experiences that are essential for all the necessary SAP modifications for this project.
- Our long-term partnership with SAP enables us to provide important and relevant information at first hand.
- More than 20 years of SAP experiences.
- We provide experts that combine IT and Business know-how with strong Change Management skills to make your project a real success.