Are you familiar with one of these problems?
- Do you have a lot of duplicated, inconsistent, incomplete and invalid data for materials?
- Do you always need to go to different transaction codes and have no single point of entry for checking master data?
- Is it hard for you to have a complete and clear overview of your material master data and its relationship to other master data objects and transactional data?
- Do you need more flexibility for your existing reports?
Then PIKON’s Material Master Data Cockpit for SAP is the solution for your problems. It is a powerful and user-friendly SAP ERP Add-On that provides you with a fast, detailed, and up-to-date overview of any material (or list of materials) in your SAP ERP system. PIKON’s Add-On can check the Material Master transaction. Incorporating not only material master fields and classification but also linked material master objects like BOM, Info Records, recipes, etc. It can also check the existence of transactional data like stock, sales and purchase orders. The cockpit allows you to easily navigate to other transactions linked to the information in the report. Thanks to this feature, you can directly correct errors in the master data detected via the SAP Material Master Data Cockpit tool.
PIKON’s Material Master Cockpit is a tool that can be used to validate the completeness of the master data and check if the all-relevant material-linked master data is available for cost calculation (BOM, Info Records, MRP views, usage). Furthermore, you can create a report to extract active master data, based on transactional data (Sales & PO, Production/Process orders) or on material classification data.
The SAP Material Master Data Cockpit also allows you to combine various selection options. Without this tool, you need to execute various standard SAP reports and reconcile them outside of the system to get the same information. This time-saving feature also enables you to track incorrect material master data via the selection of criteria that should not occur at the same time.
The output of the selection will result in a material master list at the plant level and can be exported to a Microsoft Excel file. This enables you to prepare specific error reports to departments for master data which they still need to maintain.
In particular, the SAP Material Master Cockpit can be used to check for instance:
- Materials with stock, but without the complete material master views, like missing values (standard/moving average price)
- Materials extended only for purchasing, but not for accounting or MRP views
- In-house produced materials with missing BOM’s
- Valuation classes correctness according to master data
- Materials with purchasing views, without an InfoRecord
- Last purchase order, sales order or production order
- Select materials based on characteristic values of material classification
SAP Material Master Data Cockpit
We would be happy to show you all the functions of the standard version of our SAP Material Master Data Cockpit using a live system demo and answer your questions.
Features of the SAP Material Master Data Cockpit
- Detection of master data, linked to the material (both on basic data and plant data level)
- PIKON’s Material Master Data Cockpit is compatible with SAP ECC as well as SAP S/4HANA.
- Advanced selection possibilities: standard material master data fields, classifications, purchasing master data, bills of material, routings, orders (production orders, sales orders and/or purchase orders), stock, etc.
- Possibility to “jump” into other transactions right from the Cockpit by double-clicking on a field in the output list
- Output in ALV-format for an easy export functionality and for allowing the user to create a user-specific variant
- Availability of dedicated buttons to indicate the last document numbers and the legend of the user-dependent “jump” selections
- Possibilities for extensive customisation (in cluster tables). These can be modified by your own IT team or by your key users. The customisation contains the fields to be shown in the output list and the fields that are used for the selection and the behaviour of the “jump” selection. Moreover, restrictions per user can be built in and the transaction to which the “jump” selection leads can be set per user