It is now well known that the mass modification of data records via the SAP standard is often a difficult undertaking. But nowhere is so much depending on this process step as in purchasing when it comes to negotiating prices with suppliers. Especially in today’s fast-moving world, suppliers send price updates in ever shorter cycles, which either have to be negotiated or implemented. This is one of the routine tasks of the buyer, for which, however, there is little system support (MEMASSIN). In addition, due to the supply chain problems and the increased raw material prices, purchasing needs a good basis now more than ever in order to exert price pressure on its suppliers.
This is where our PIKON Buyer’s Cockpit comes in.
First of all, this SAP add-on, which is fully integrated into the SAP standard (both ECC and S/4HANA), offers support for precisely this mass maintenance of SAP purchasing info records through a download and upload functionality and a function for creating new purchasing info records and is therefore a good alternative to the SAP standard functionality MEMASSIN.
Buyer's Cockpit: more than just a cockpit for SAP purchasing info records
Nevertheless, our purchasing info record cockpit is even more than a cockpit for SAP purchasing info records. In addition to the options for mass changes to SAP purchasing info records, we also offer further convenient functionalities that can make the buyer’s daily work considerably easier:
- Test import of price updates: The buyer can simulate the impact of price increases or decreases.
- Result reporting for renegotiations: Here we offer the possibility of a delta export especially as preparation for renegotiation.
- Graphical deviation analysis: This helps the buyer to quickly get an overview of how the prices of the individual materials are developing with the respective suppliers.
- Display of threshold value overruns: The thresholds can be defined customer-individually in customising.
The ramp-up for the PIKON SAP add-on is currently in progress. Together with our customers, we have already developed a comprehensive roadmap that offers additional reporting options and relieves the buyer in further areas of his daily work.
Some highlights from this roadmap:
- Extension of functionality to contracts and scheduling agreements
- Order book mass updates (under S/4 automatic source determination)
- Classification of purchasing info records (S/4)
- Release workflows for price changes
- info record-independent conditions