Case Study | Elster Metering Limited
Integration of foreign subsidiaries into the SAP system of Elster AG
As a long-standing consulting partner of the former ELSTER AG in Germany, PIKON was asked to map the business processes of their foreign subsidiaries on their SAP system. For Elster Metering in Stafford (United Kingdom), the SAP R/3 implementation by PIKON included logistics as well as finance and accounting. In addition, interfaces to external systems were custom-developed.
About “Elster Group”
The Elster Group is now part of Honeywell International Inc. They are a leading global provider of gas, electricity and water meters and related communications, networking and software solutions. The Elster Group employs more than 7,500 staff and operates in more than 39 countries.
The Initial situation at Elster Metering
For many years, PIKON has provided consultancy services to ELSTER AG in Germany. Going forward, ELSTER’s SAP systems should also map the business processes of their foreign subsidiaries.
- Mapping the organisational structures of Elster Metering Ltd’s Stafford site in SAP R/3.
- Mapping the master data.
- Mapping the processes: procurement, production, sales and distribution, quality management, repair and variant configuration.
- Mapping of financial accounting and controlling.
- The project was successfully completed by PIKON, with the support of Elster Metering Ltd’s I.T. department and users.
- Project management.
- Customising in the FI, CO, MM, SD, PP, and QM modules.
- Mapping of the sales & distribution and production processes, which introduced variant configuration.
- For the mapping of serial number management and production control, an interface to non-SAP systems was programmed.
- Training the project team and end users.
- Transmission of master data.
- Supporting the production start-up.
- Post go-live support.
More Case Studies
You can find Background information and interesting facts in our blog
Do you have questions? Don’t hesitate to ask us.