SAP ABAP Documentation Generator
Create technical SAP ABAP Documentation with our SAP Add-On
The SAP ABAP Documentation Generator is an easy and smart PIKON add-on for SAP ERP to generate a well-formatted Microsoft Word document from the comments in your own custom software developments (e.g. a package, a transport order, etc.). All the long texts in the developed objects are read out and are converted to a coherent continuous text, which is exported as a Microsoft Word or as a Microsoft Word XML file. This tool has an intuitive multilingual user interface and enables you through a built-in customising feature to adjust the level of detail with which the documentation needs to be compiled.
Request a live-demo of PIKON’s SAP ABAP Documentation Generator and learn how to generate well-formatted Microsoft Word documents from the comments in your own custom software developments. You can also request a quotation if desired.
Features of the SAP ABAP Documentation Generator
- Indication of missing or incomprehensible parts in the existing documentation of a custom software development
- Functionalities to read out all the ABAP comments and convert them at the push of a button into a well-formatted Microsoft Word document or into a Microsoft Word XML file, including all the objects (e.g. objects in a package, transport order, etc.)
- Good way to assess the potential risks when you are taking over software (transition phase)
- Elimination of errors that are unavoidable when you would create the documentation manually (copy & paste)
- Easy updates of external existing documentation
- Intuitive multilingual user interface
- Built-in customising to indicate which objects are to be documented (= adjustable level of detail)
- Documentation is made centrally available in SAP, so anyone can access the latest documentation version
- Gain time and save on costs (the SAP ABAP Documentation Generator is able to create software documentation in 2 minutes, whereas performing this job manually would take up to 2 mandays)
- Always have reliable and up-to-date software documentation centrally available
- Be able to track all aspects of all your software applications at any time
- Enable knowledge transfer to other software developers
- Avoid knowledge about software applications being attached to individual persons
- Eliminate risks with regards to poor maintainability and further development of your software applications
- Avoid software developers redeveloping software applications from scratch
- Automatic generation of centrally available (external) documentation, based on existing internal documentation
Feel free to contact us!