SAP Material Master Data Cockpit
How the SAP Material Master Data Cockpit will help you
The SAP Material Master Data Cockpit is a powerful tool for analyzing master data related to a specific material or the entire material master. This user-friendly SAP ERP add-on provides you with a fast, detailed, and up-to-date overview of any material (or list of materials) in your SAP ERP system. At one glance, you can see the most important information from the various views (including classifications) of the material master. Furthermore, you can investigate whether or not the following attributes were created:
- Info Records
- Source Lists
- Deletion Flags
- Bills Of Material (BOMs)
- Production Orders
- Sales Orders
- Purchase Orders
This tool’s name, “Cockpit”, refers to an important functionality, allowing you to easily navigate to other transactions linked to the information in the report. Thanks to this feature, you can directly correct errors in the master data that were detected via the SAP Material Master Data Cockpit tool.
The SAP Material Master Data Cockpit also allows you to combine various selection options. Without this tool, you need to execute various standard SAP reports and reconcile them outside of the system to get the same information. This time-saving feature also enables you to track incorrect material master data via the selection of criteria that should not occur at the same time.
The output of the selection will result in a material master list at the plant level and can be exported to a Microsoft Excel file. If you have selected, for instance, one material and the company code, the system will issue one line for each plant for which the material has been created.
Features of the SAP Material Master Data Cockpit
- Detection of master data, linked to the material (both on basic data and plant data level)
- Usage of dynamic selections: generation of custom selection fields upon execution of the Cockpit transaction in SAP ERP
- Advanced selection possibilities: standard material master data fields, classifications, purchasing master data, bills of material, routings, existence of orders (production orders, sales orders and/or purchase orders), existence of stock, etc.
- Possibility to “jump” into other transactions right from the Cockpit
- Output in ALV-format for an easy export functionality and for allowing the user to create a user-specific variant
- Availability of dedicated buttons to indicate the last document numbers and the legend of the user-dependent “jump” selections
- Extensive customisation settings (in cluster tables). These can be modified by your own IT team or by your own key-users. The customisation contains the fields to be shown in the output list and the fields that are used for the selection and the behaviour of the “jump” selection. Moreover, restrictions per user can be built in and the transaction to which the “jump” selection leads can be set per user
Request a live-demo of PIKON’s SAP Material Master Data Cockpit and learn how you can better analyse your master data. You can also request a quotation if desired.
Master data is the heart of business optimisation and refers to core business data that determine the correctness of the different business procesess. Does your organisation also need a better overview of all the created material master data? Do you also feel you lost control of all the material master data?
Unfortunately, SAP ERP does not offer a standard material master data verification tool, providing such an overview. Each organisation finds different master data important, depending on its business processes. That is why a generic and standard list report will never meet the specific requirements of each SAP ERP user.
Because of this problem, we have created our SAP Material Master Data Cockpit tool, which is in fact a single-point-of-entry to see the status of all the relevant material master fields, including the usage of the material in the related master data (such as Bills of Material, InfoRecords, Recipes, etc.) as well as the processes (Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, Productions Orders, Stocks, etc.). From this SAP ERP add-on, you also have the possibility to “jump” into the related master data without having to open a new session and start a new SAP transaction. With our tool, you will again be in control of the missing and incorrect master data setup and ensure that your business processes are running correctly.