Since the autumn of 2019, the Polish Ministry of Finance introduced the “Whitelist of VAT Taxpayers” (= biała lista) regulation. In short, the Whitelist of VAT Taxpayers enables taxpayers to quickly and comprehensively verify the registry data of business partners in their SAP ECC or S/4HANA system. Initially, SAP decided not to provide a solution, but because of pressure from customers, SAP now provide their own solutions in SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA to check business partners against the Polish government’s Whitelist for Taxpayers. This article will give you an overview of three solutions you can consider in order to make your SAP ERP system compliant with the new Polish legal requirement, including one effortless solution that works without cloud-based services and has no license costs: the PIKON SAP Add-On “VAT Poland – Whitelist Check for SAP”.
The standard SAP solution for Whitelist Poland through SAP Cloud Platform IntegrationThe first solution that we would like to convey, is the SAP Cloud Platform Integration (SAP CPI). SAP’s solution to compare suppliers with the Whitelist of VAT Taxpayers Poland is based on a Business Add-In (BADI) that works with flows for the SAP Cloud Platform Integration. The Business Add-In makes it possible to check whether the bank accounts of the current business partner based on the Polish Whitelist are valid for the following criteria:
- creating and changing business partners
- creating automated payments
The standard SAP on-premise solution for compliance with the Whitelist CheckIn addition to the CPI solution, SAP also offer an on-premise solution. In one of SAP’s OSS notes, SAP describes quite well what needs to be done in the BADI in order to carry out the check without a cloud connection. For this, the logic is based on the Cloud Platform Flows and needs to be implemented as ABAP logic while configuring the interface of this BADI. Therefore, the SAP on-premise solution can be considered an assembly box with a manual, making it necessary to configure the Whitelist Poland solution in your SAP ECC or S/4HANA system yourself. If you take a closer look at the content of the manual, you can see that the following steps are not easy to implement and it also difficult to fulfill the Polish requirements:
- implementing many SAP OSS notes in order to use the relevant BADI
- creating tables for saving the Whitelist
- downloading the Whitelist file via WebService on a daily basis
- unzipping the file using the operating system command
- parsing the JSON file into the prepared database tables
- creating hash keys and checking them against the database content
The PIKON SAP Add-On ” Whitelist Check for Poland”: the all-round effortless package for compliance in SAP ECC and S/4HANAThe third solution scenario includes an SAP-integrated on-premise tool (both for SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA) that doesn’t require expensive licenses and for which you don’t necessarily need programming expertise in-house. This is PIKON’s SAP Add-On “VAT Poland – Whitelist Check for SAP” What are the advantages of PIKON’s solution?
- PIKON’s Add-On VAT Poland – Whitelist Check for SAP is an on-premise solution, which means that you can also use it without SAP Cloud Platform Integration.
- You don’t need to take care of the manual, time-consuming configuration of your SAP system. All required steps, that are described in the SAP OSS note, are already implemented and tested in our SAP Add-On.
- The new enhancements provided by SAP add even more functionalities to our add-on which means you can benefit from the combination.
- With our solution, you can check your business partners (customers/ suppliers) in real-time against the Polish whitelist and set blocks accordingly. Additionally, you can un-block when you really need to during the incoming invoice, payment and master data processes.
- With our maintenance service and regular updates, we guarantee that our solution is always up to date with the latest technical developments and thus you always comply with the Polish requirements and avoid severe penalties.
- Our add-on can be implemented, maintained and updated at short notice with minimal effort. In other words, you’ll receive a stable, tested and error-free solution that we will permanently adapt to current conditions.