From the beginning of the project, it was clear to those involved that acceptance of the project first needed to be established, particularly since the replacement of established (isolated) solutions with a standardised procedure is always met with reservations and uncertainties on the part of users. Thanks to early and close involvement of both IT and the departments, it was possible to develop potential for optimisation together.
In the first phase, after the technical and concept work, the data basis was first established for Group controlling and the three key reports on contribution margin, capacity and performance indicator pool were provided, which were successively supplemented by other reports in the subsequent phases.
The activities included:
- Concept development (specialist background, architecture, data model and
- Development of a data model based on SAP standard data sources for controlling, profit centre accounting and personnel data as well as custom data sources
- Creation of BEx queries and workbooks (BEx)
- Employee training (IT and departments)
- Roll-out and planning phase support